Welcome to our download page, your beloved Charlotte Hornets new logo is prepared in large PNG 2000+ pixels and EPS zipped in one file.
Want to know some brief design inspirations and short story behind this logo ? Just scroll down.
Maybe you’ve heard of Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington…
His dunks are casually featured in Slam Magazine and Bleacher Report.
He was on TNT’s hit show The Dunk King.
Here’s a picture of him accepting the first-place trophy at the Nike World Dunk Contest alongside LeBron and Anthony Davis.
Even though he may be considered the world’s top dunker, he wasn’t always flying around the world just to showcase his dunks…
Long story short, after using and mastering the 3 simple steps in VERT SHOCK, he has taken his dunks to a whole new level.
Charlotte Hornets Logo Design Ideas and Inspirations
- The new emblem features an aggressive-looking hornet that is ready to attack. Furthermore, its piercing eyes, raised antennae, expanded wings and pointed stinger depict its relentless intensity.
- Incorporated within the logo is a basketball that doubles as the hornet’s body.
- The logo represents several characteristics of actual hornets, including their swarming and attacking nature, along with their fierceness and relentlessness when protecting their nests.
- These same characteristics connect with the city of Charlotte itself. The city’s rebelliousness, aggressiveness and protective attributes date to the Revolutionary War when British commander General Cornwallis referred to Charlotte as “a hornet’s nest of rebellion.”
- Purple and Teal color palette were chosen based on a survey among the Charlotte community, as well as current season ticket holders and team sponsors. Majority of those surveyed were in favor of using the purple and teal of the original Hornets as the colors of the rebranded team.
Charlotte Hornets Logo Trivia
- Charlotte Hornets logo history is quite interesting because it also related to Charlotte Bobcats. The team was established in 1988 by George Shinn and moved to New Orleans in 2002. Since then they continued using New Orleans Hornets until late 2012.
- Meanwhile, in 2003, a new basketball club were born in Charlotte and officially named Charlotte Bobcats. The Bobcats's initial owner was Robert L. Johnson. Johnson who was also the founder of BET (Black Entertainment Television), later sold Bobcats to Michael Jordan in 2010.
- In December 2012, New Orleans Hornets announced that they would change their name to New Orleans Pelicans. Subsequently, in May 2013, Michael Jordan began the process of changing Charlotte Bobcats to Charlotte Hornets.
- This logo is the second version (not including New Orleans Hornets and Charlotte Bobcats) and have been used since 2014 up to the present.
- In an 2008 interview with The Charlotte Observer, George Shinn mentioned that his personal court trial in 1999 was a factor in the Hornets relocated to New Orleans.
Charlotte Hornets Color Codes (RGB, CMYK, Hex, Pantone)
Charlotte Hornets colors are Teal, Dark Purple and Gray. Use CMYK and Pantone (if applicable) color for printing. For websites, blog, fan page you can use Hex or RGB color codes.
RGB: (0, 120, 140)
CMYK: (100, 36, 38, 7)
HEX COLOR: #007BBC
PANTONE: PMS 3145
HORNETS DARK PURPLE
RGB: (29, 17, 96)
HEX COLOR: #1D1160
PANTONE: PMS 275
RGB: (161, 161, 164)
HEX COLOR: #A1A1A4
PANTONE: COOL GRAY 8