Welcome to our download page, your beloved Cleveland Cavaliers logo 2018 is prepared in large PNG 2000+ pixels and EPS zipped in one file.
Want to know some brief design inspirations and short story behind this logo ? Just scroll down.
Cleveland Cavaliers Logo Design Ideas and Inspirations
- Knight, sword and honour are the first things captured our imagination upon seeing this beautifully crafted logo.
- The sword evokes the spirit of the resilience of Cleveland. Moreover, it also serves as a symbol of strength and dedication.
- The feathered-style "C" stands for Cleveland - a city united. It also stands for the Cavaliers commitment to champion their hometown both on and off the court.
- The black colour is a nod to their historic 2016 NBA Finals. At that time, the Cavaliers wore their black-sleeved uniforms in games 5 and 7 of the NBA Finals when they beat the Warriors. The Cavaliers were the first team in NBA history to overcome a 3-1 deficit en route to winning the NBA Championship.
- The shield represents the Cavaliers commitment to their "Defend the Land" mantra. Historically, a shield served as the mark of a crusader and the tool of a defender.
- The shield was also a nod to their most faithful and passionate fans, including Wine & Gold United. As those fans always stand together in loyalty and support of the Cavaliers with the "All for One. One for All." spirit.
Cleveland Cavaliers Logo Trivia
- Cleveland Cavaliers logo history dated back to May 1970, when Cleveland Plain Dealer conducted a poll for selecting the franchise name. It was Jerry Tomko's Cavaliers name that voted as the winner.
- Other contest finalist included Jays, Foresters, Towers and Presidents.
- In contest entry form Tomko wrote, "Cavaliers represent a group of daring fearless men, whose life pact was never surrender, no matter what the odds."
- The 2017 logo was the result of design collaboration between The Cavs and Nike, Inc.
- This logo is the fifth version and have been used since 2017 up to the present.
- Nick Milleti, the Cavaliers founder, picked the Wine and Gold colors based on his school colors, John Adam High School.
- Wine and Gold have become almost analogous to team's name. The Cavaliers are the "Wine and Gold" in the same way that Ohio State is the "Scarlet and Grey", the University of Michigan is the “Maize and Blue", or the Oakland Raiders are the "Silver and Black"
Cleveland Cavaliers Color Codes (RGB, CMYK, Hex, Pantone)
The Cleveland Cavaliers colors are Wine, Yellow, Navy and Black. Use CMYK and Pantone (if applicable) color for printing. For websites, blog, fan page you can use Hex or RGB color codes.
RGB: (111, 38, 61)
HEX COLOR: #6F263D
PANTONE: PMS 209
RGB: (6, 25, 34)
HEX COLOR: #000000
PANTONE: PMS BLACK
RGB: (255, 184, 28)
HEX COLOR: #FFB81C
PANTONE: PMS 1235
RGB: (4, 30, 66)