Welcome to our download page, your beloved Dallas Mavericks new logo is prepared in large PNG 2000+ pixels and EPS zipped in one file.
Want to know some brief design inspirations and short story behind this logo ? Just scroll down.
Crazy video of the world's highest dunker
If you've never seen the world's highest dunker in action where have you been?
This dude is so badass it's insane!
He has a vertical leap of over 50.1" and has invented a bunch of dunks nobody else can do.
No wonder he's blowing up on Youtube right now!
Check out this video compilation of his best dunks. You're not gonna believe your eyes…
Dallas Mavericks Logo Design Ideas and Inspirations
- As pictured above, the Dallas Maverics logo history has four versions of logo only. And, compared to its 2002 version, current Mavericks' logo only had changes in its gray (silver) and blue colors. The 2002's gray and blue that were too dark were modified with lighter tones to make the stallion head and blue basketball more noticeable and obvious.
- The lone star placed below the "Mavericks" woodmark seems to be inspired by from the the identity of Texas as "The Lone Star State".
- Gone were the cowboy hats replaced by a head of stallion. depicted inside a blue basketball.
- The stallion forehead also featured an "M" silhouette as a nod to the team's classic 80's logo.
- Currently we haven't found any official sources regarding what the shield represent. A shield inclusion is very common in sports logos, for example Cleveland Cavaliers and Brooklyn Nets. And, usually a shield is used to represent strength, unity and defence.
- The Royal Blue, silver and black and white color scheme were used to represent the team's uniforms' colors.
Dallas Mavericks Logo Trivia
- The franchise "Maverick" name was picked from a contest held by WBAP-AM radio among 4,600 entries. Initial names included Armadillos, Derricks, Dollars, Goat-heads, Hoop 'N' Cranes, Millionaires and Snail Darters. The team chose with Mavericks over the other two finalists, Express and Wranglers.
- The Mavericks' name can also be traced back to the 1957-1962 TV Western Maverick. Interestingly, James Garner, who played the namesake character, was a member of the ownership group.
- Since, at the time, the University of Texas-Arlington already used the name Movin' Mavs, the team also had to deal with the school's objection regarding the Mavericks name. Some hard feelings lingered, though. A popular bumper sticker in 1980 read "Mavericks Nowhere But UTA".
- For some people, the inclusion of a stallion head had causing some confusions. Since, the word maverick(s) is usually associated with a calf, a bull or unbranded cattle. You can read a very good explanation from a reddit post why it makes sense to include a stallion head, After all, Dallas and Texas are identical to cowboys, and cowboys are riding horses. Furthermore, you cannot use a bull as logo because Chicago Bulls already used it.
- The term "maverick" also originated from Samuel Maverick, a figure in early Texas history who was known for not branding his cattle. Hence, at that time, when someone talked about maverick, they were specifically talked about Samuel Maverick's cattle.
Dallas Mavericks Color Codes (RGB, CMYK, Hex, Pantone)
The Dallas Mavericks colors are Royal Blue, Navy, Silver and Black. Use CMYK and Pantone (if applicable) color for printing. For websites, blog, fan page you can use Hex or RGB color codes.
MAVERICKS ROYAL BLUE
RGB: (0, 100, 177)
CMYK: (100, 62, 0, 0)
HEX COLOR: #0064B1
PANTONE: PMS 2388
MAVERICKS NAVY (UNIFORM)
HEX COLOR: #00285E
RGB: (187, 196, 202)
HEX COLOR: #BBC4CA
PANTONE: PMS 877
RGB: (6, 25, 34)