Welcome to our download page, your beloved Denver Nuggets new logo is prepared in large PNG 2000+ pixels and EPS zipped in one file.
Want to know some brief design inspirations and short story behind this logo ? Just scroll down.
Denver Nuggets Logo Design Ideas and Inspirations
- (A) The gold "nugget" placed above the pickaxes is intended to represent the teams' name.
- (B) The Twin crossed pickaxes represents power and defence.
- (C) The updated basketball beneath the axes to give the logo a more modern feel. The basketball upper side white color represents snow and the yellow bottom side signifies gold discovered under the Rocky Mountains.
- (D) The Midnight Blue was inspired by Denver's clear midnight sky.
- (E) The circle that contains nuggets, pickaxes and basketball inside uses bold Flatirons Red to tie the team to the red sand stone soil found in Colorado River. And, furthermore symbolizes their home state Colorado. Interestingly, in Spanish, Colorado means colored red.
- (F) The Sunshine Yellow was used to represent gold and also inspired by the nature of Colorado that has more than 300 days of sunshine.
Denver Nuggets Old Logo, History and Trivia
- In the beginning, a team was founded with Denver Nuggets name, and played in National Basketball League in 1948-49 season. But later in 1950 they were folded.
- Moving forward to 1967, a businessman named James Trindle established a basketball team in Kansas City. Since they couldn't find a suitable arena, the team were moved to Denver, and hence renamed to Denver Larks.
- Due to undercapitalization, Trindle sold his 2/3 controlling interest to Bill Ringsby, a trucking businessman. Ringsby then renamed the team Denver Rockets, after his company's long-haul trucks. That's why a woodmark RINGSBY SYSTEM appeared on the bottom part of Denver Rockets '68 logo.
- Denver Rockets played in ABA (using above two logo's ) from 1968 before moving to NBA in 1976. Since Houston Rockets already used the "Rockets" name, the franchise decided to use Denver Nuggets again through a naming contest.
- Along with the name change, they also introduced the Denver nuggets retro logo with and Maxie Miner.
- Later, between 1981 and 2017, the franchise changed their logo twice (with 2 minor color changes with the 1993 logo).
- The 1981 logo was known as the Rainbow Skyline logo. Whereas the 1993-2017 logo was recognised as the Mountain Peak logo.
Denver Nuggets Color Codes (RGB, CMYK, Hex, Pantone)
The Denver Nuggets colors are Midnight Blue, Sunshine Yellow, Flatirons Red and Skyline Blue. Use CMYK and Pantone (if applicable) color for printing. For websites, blog, fan page you can use Hex or RGB color codes.
NUGGETS MIDNIGHT BLUE
RGB: (13, 34, 64)
HEX COLOR: #0E2240
PANTONE: PMS 289
NUGGETS SUNSHINE YELOW
RGB: (255, 198, 39)
HEX COLOR: #FEC524
PANTONE: PMS 123
NUGGETS FLATIRONS RED
RGB: (139, 35, 50)
NUGGETS SKYLINE BLUE
RGB: (30. 66, 138)
HEX COLOR: #244289
PANTONE: PMS 7687