Welcome to our download page, your beloved Indiana Pacers logo is prepared in large PNG 2000+ pixels and EPS zipped in one file.
Want to know some brief design inspirations and short story behind this logo ? Just scroll down.
Indiana Pacers Logo Design Ideas and Inspiration
- The Pacers' fifth version logo still features bold italic P. Together with the yellow streaking basketball, they symbolize speed and momentum. This P silhouette only changed slightly over 40 years. The hand logo was dropped in 1990 replaced by three streak lines that remains until today.
- The Tungsten Semibold font was used to display Indiana on top and Pacers at the bottom in circular path inside a gold yellow ring. This circular placement is also consistent with the way their uniform displaying Indiana Pacers name (see below Twitter video, at the 12th second).
- Lastly, what's the meaning of the golden ring? To be honest, we couldn't find a definitive source. But, we found a clue in their Indiana Basketball Seal page section. And inside that, there's a statement that says "As our primary read at the top, Indiana is the state under which all elements of our mission fall – including the growth of the very game itself." Therefore, our guess, the golden ring was meant to reinforce that the Pacers are a team of Indiana State.
Indiana Pacers Logo Trivia
- There's no conclusive finding as who came out with the name the 'Pacers'. Firstly, Mike Storen, a former 60's Pacers General Manager claimed the credit. Storen said Pacers nickname was picked because they will set the pace in ABA and the pace of auto racing in Indianapolis.
- But, another founding board member, Chuck DeVoe thought his wife, Lois Barnes was the one who suggested Pacers, and quickly picked up by Storen at a meeting.
- Three previous basketball team, the Olympians, Jets and Kautsky had gone with the name Indianapolis. But the board members chose Indiana because it fit better on a uniform.
- The name Indiana was also considered more appropriate for the team to market its products to the cities in Indiana state.
Indiana Pacers Colors Codes (RGB, CMYK, Hex, Pantone)
The Indiana Pacers colors are Navy Blue, Yellow (Gold), Cool Gray and White. Use CMYK and Pantone (if applicable) color for printing. For websites, blog, fan page you can use Hex or RGB color codes.
HEX COLOR: #002D62
PANTONE: 282 C
HEX COLOR: #FDBB30