Welcome to our download page, your beloved Minnesota Timberwolves logo is prepared in large PNG 2000+ pixels and EPS zipped in one file.
Want to know some brief design inspirations and short story behind this logo ? Just scroll down.
Minnesota Timberwolves Logo Design Ideas and Inspirations
- The franchise chose to display a howling wolf as opposed to their previous logo to showcase the team progressive power. True, confident, intimidating and powerful. And also have a protectiveness and preservation for the unity of their family.
- The Team Rune "A" is a representative piece of the history of the wolf and the state of Minnesota.
- The North Star is incorporated into the Timberwolves logo because it represents one of the pillars they proudly hang our hat on – the state of Minnesota. Minnesotans are loyal, strong and have a hard-working heritage. The element of the star in the logo represents their Minnesota pride.
- Greenery surrounds the people every day in Minnesota. Whether it is the northern lights in the sky, the reflection of ice crystals in the winter, or the buildings they work around, the green eyes of the wolf are another representation of the fierceness of Minnesota. Green is also a sign of spring. In the spring, the buds of the trees flourish as a bright green. The green in their color palette represents a new era of what is to come.
- The wolf breaks out of the circle represents the wolf’s ability to fight through discouraging times and come out on top. The team players often show traits of not being able to contain their strength. Whether it is going up for a dunk, a steal, fast break, or cheering moment – the energy of our players is uncontainable.
- The direction of the wolf is facing forward to honor the past they are proud of, without forgetting it. The team is constantly moving ahead and carving out new territory. They want to leave the frustrating years behind them and more on to a hopeful future – a New Era.
- In the video below, Rodney Richardson, the logo designer, discusses the process of what went into the approach to creating the new Timberwolves' logo. including the team and city's unique story.
The Wolves' Logo Color Meanings
- Midnight Blue reflects the midnight forest sky that darkens the domain of wolves when their instincts are heightened and their hunting prowess elevated. The hue stands as a dominant and primary color to be utilized throughout all things Timberwolves.
- Aurora Green was inspired by the motion and the vibrance of the Northern Lights, one of the most astounding sights in the northland - Aurora Green introduces a hue that is symbolic to their stomping grounds but is new to the Timberwolves brand.
- Frost White was picked because it embodies the resilient and bold nature of this great frozen land. Each element that consists of a Frost White hue is representative of Minnesota's weather and our instinct to thrive in all conditions.
- Moonlight Grey represents the silver light of Luna that serves as an unwavering beacon of their ever-growing pack, Moonlight Grey shines bright as a prominent color within the new identity.
- Lake Blue captures the depths of the 10,000 lakes that span across the state of Minnesota. The shade creatively illustrates the prominence of their great bodies of water and holds its place as a notable option within their palette.
Minnesota Timberwolves Logo Trivia
- The logo creation process took more than 12 months involving Timberwolves ownership, team executives, the NBA and Mississippi-based design expert Rodney Richardson of RARE Design.
- Richardson was known for his works with identity designs for NBA’s Charlotte Hornets, New Orleans Pelicans, Atlanta Hawks, Sacramento Kings and other brands across the world of sports and entertainment.
- In the video below, Richardson discusses the process of what went into the approach to creating the new Timberwolves' logo. including the team and city's unique story.
- Currently the Wolves new logo, which was unveiled in April 2017, is the fourth version.
Minnesota Timberwolves Color Codes (RGB, CMYK, Hex, Pantone)
The Wolves colors are Navy, Green, Blue and Gray. Use CMYK and Pantone (if applicable) color for printing. For websites, blog, fan page you can use Hex or RGB color codes.
RGB: (12, 35, 64)
CMYK: (100, 76, 12, 70)
HEX COLOR: #0C2340
PANTONE: PMS 289
RGB: (120, 190, 32)
HEX COLOR: #78BE20
PANTONE: PMS 368
RGB: (35, 97, 146)
RGB: (158, 162, 162)
HEX COLOR: #9EA2A2
PANTONE: PMS 422