Welcome to our download page, your beloved New York Knicks new logo 2011 is prepared in large PNG 2000+ pixels and EPS zipped in one file.
Want to know some brief design inspirations and short story behind this logo ? Just scroll down.
New York Knicks Logo Design Ideas and Inspirations
- Currently, the Knicks logo is the third iteration of the logo that was designed by Michael Doret in 1992. Today, he is famous for music album covers and logo designs works for Wreck-It Ralph, MLB, KISS, TIME, Playboy, Wired and many more.
- Some of Michael initial design ideas included depiction of the Empire State Building. But the building silhouette was dropped because the legal concern. You can see the rough sketches and colored pencil rendering here.
- According Tom O'Grady (NBA Creative Director in the 90s), the triangular shape in the background was inspired by superhero logos such as Superman. Batman and Gotham City.
- Furthermore, the Knicks font looking up was drawn from the idea of standing up in the Garden and looking up the sky and seeing all the tall shape of buildings around.
- The basketball shape was modified to make it more authentic to the actual ball.
New York Knicks Logo Trivia
- The New York Knicks logo history can be traced back to the Dutch settlers in 1600s. In particular, the "Knickerbockers" refers to style of the pants worn by the Dutch settlers in the 1600s. The pants rolled up just below the knee. Those settlers came to the New World and settled down in the area now known as New York.
- As can be seen in the first New York Knicks logo (1946 - 1964). It depicted a Dutchman wearing knickerbockers and dribbling a basketball. Thereby, the character was also named "Father Knickerbocker"
- The team also considered drawing inspiration from the Statue of Liberty.
- The whole process of logo design took about six months.
New York Knicks Color Codes (RGB, CMYK, Hex, Pantone)
The New York Knicks colors are Blue, Orange, Silver and Black. Use CMYK and Pantone (if applicable) color for printing. For websites, blog, fan page you can use Hex or RGB color codes.
RGB: (0, 107, 182)
HEX COLOR: #006BB6
PANTONE: PMS 293
RGB: (245,132, 38)
HEX COLOR: ##F58426
PANTONE: PMS 165
RGB: (190, 192, 194)
RGB: (35, 31, 32)
HEX COLOR: #000000
PANTONE: PMS BLACK