Welcome to our download page, your Oklahoma City Thunder logo is prepared in large PNG 2000+ pixels and EPS zipped in one file.
Want to know some brief design inspirations and short story behind this logo ? Just scroll down.
Oklahoma City Logo Design Ideas and Inspirations
- The shield represents a leader charging into battle. (A)
- Two upward rising bolts, in Thunder Sunset and Thunder Blue colors, stand for a young franchise growing up. (B)
- A sunset color basketball depicted inside the shield symbolizes the game. (C)
- Thunder Blue color was chosen and inspired by the state flag to represent the inclusion of all Oklahomans. (D)
- The yellow color referred to the sun and the reddish-orange color to the sunset.
Oklahoma City Logo Design History and Trivia
- The name "Thunder" was chosen as a reference to powerful storms in the area known as Tornado Alley. And also, the U.S. Army's 45th Infantry Division, the Thunderbirds, was located there.
- Before settling with the name "Thunder", the franchise had also considered Wind, Barons, Marshalls, Energy and Bison.
- This OKC logo had been voted the worst logo in The Definitive NBA Logo Rankings article, which appeared in Grantlant.com. Overall, the article mentioned that since Oklahoma often associated with bison and thunder storm, these two elements didn't appear in the logo. The two upward bolts just didn't look like bolts at all.
- Interestingly, in his argument, Brian Byrnes said that the team didn't want to commit visually to both bison and thunder. A stormy logo might marginalize the bison, a key symbol for local Native Americans. Whereas, the team thought it would be silly to have mature adults wear jerseys with animal on them.
- Additionally, the team’s senior vice-president for sales and marketing also mentioned that the bull was already taken by Chicago Bulls, which ironically displaying an animal, was voted the best logo in the article's ranking.
Oklahoma City Thunder Colors Codes (RGB, CMYK, Hex, Pantone)
The Oklahoma City Thunder colors are Blue, Sunset, Navy and Yellow. Use CMYK and Pantone (if applicable) color for printing. For websites, blog, fan page you can use Hex or RGB color codes.
RGB: (0, 125, 196)
HEX COLOR: #007AC1
PANTONE: PMS 285
RGB: (239, 59, 36)
HEX COLOR: #EF3824
PANTONE: PMS WARM RED C
RGB: (139,45, 98)
RGB: (253, 187, 48)
HEX COLOR: #FDBB30
PANTONE: PMS 1235