Welcome to our download page, your beloved Orlando Magic new logo is prepared in large PNG 2000+ pixels and EPS zipped in one file.
Want to know some brief design inspirations and short story behind this logo ? Just scroll down.
Orlando Magic Logo Design Ideas and Inspirations
- Compared to its previous older logo, their iconic "Orl★ndo M★gic" woodmark was gone, replaced with the franchise jersey woodmarks.
- The new woodmark "MAGIC" comes in blue with a white and black border. On top, is a wordmark “ORLANDO” in black. This new design gives a more clear and integrated look, compared to its previous siblings which was using ★ to replace "A"s and the dot of "i". And of course, less cartoony.
- The Magic silver and blue basketball in black trim with a black tail and three small stars in white and silver were still present in the latest logo. The updated look with the iconic star ball to signify a smooth transition from old to new, building on the heritage and history of the Magic from its birth in 1989.
- The new logo also continues the team’s colors with the Magic Blue, Magic Black and Magic Silver. Interested or inspired by the Magic colors? Look no further, just scroll down to see their detail color codes.
Orlando Magic Logo History and Trivia
- The history of Orlando Magic can be traced back to 1986. That's when the Magic founders, Jim Hewitt and Pat Williams, held a naming contest through the Orlando Sentinel newspaper. Out of 4,296 entries, "Heat", "Tropics", "Juice" and "Magic" were the finalists. "Magic" were only submitted by 11 people.
- Ultimately, "Magic" was selected because of Williams' 7-year-old daugther mentioning, "I really like this place. This place is like Magic." after visiting Orlando city attractions. Along with Karen's comment, the committee then whittle away at the other finalists. They thought the "Heat" left a negative connotation to the area, that the "Tropics" referred more to South Florida than Central Florida and that the "Juice" wouldn't be received too strongly after a terrible winter freeze had devastated the citrus industry.
- The committee decided to go with the "Magic", saying the name referred to the magic of Orlando - a tourist hotspot with lots to offer visitors and those who called the area home.
- Interestingly, four months after the Magic was publicly announced as the name of Orlando's future NBA franchise, the Miami franchise selected the name "Heat", which was also submitted in their naming contest. You can also read about Miami Heats logo here.
Orlando Magic Color Codes (RGB, CMYK, Hex, Pantone)
The Orlando Magic colors are Blue, Black and Silver. Use CMYK and Pantone (if applicable) color for printing. For websites, blog, fan page you can use Hex or RGB color codes.
RGB: (0, 125, 197)
CMYK: (100, 45, 0, 0)
HEX COLOR: #0077C0
PANTONE: PMS 2935
RGB: (6, 25, 34)
HEX COLOR: #000000
PANTONE: PMS BLACK
RGB: (196, 206, 211)
HEX COLOR: #C4CED4
PANTONE: PMS 877