Welcome to our download page, your beloved Portland Trail Blazers new logo is prepared in large PNG 2000+ pixels and EPS zipped in one file.
Want to know some brief design inspirations and short story behind this logo ? Just scroll down.
Portland Trail Blazers Logo Design Ideas and Inspirations
- As seen from the above Trail Blazers logo history, the Blazers main logo element remains to be a pinwheel - an abstract representation of basketball. The 10 lines represent two 5-person teams "coming together at the center court in competition".
- The original 1970 logo represents teamwork, unity and competition, the same values that reflect the spirit of Portland and the Pacific Northwest.
- Moreover, the lines are curved to represent the fast-pace movement that defines the sport.
- In its latest evolution, the logo’s lines have been connected to symbolize the Blazers working together as a team.
- The latest pinwheel is reminiscent of the team’s original 70’s logo that was constructed with evenly spaced lines and congruent edges. However the lines are now at a 45 degree angle, an element which symbolises the fact that Portland sits on the 45th parallel north that leads on a path to the Northwest region, their community and their hometown.
- Shown below was the tweet regarding their new 2017 logo from their official Portland Trail Blazers Twitter account:
Portland Trail Blazers Logo History and Trivia
- The original 1970 Blazers logo was designed by Frank Glickman, a Boston graphic designer who was also a cousin of Harry Glickman, The Blazers founder and first general manager.
- The pinwheel has evolved over the years, but it remains the only NBA logo without a basketball or mascot.
- After NBA awarded Portland an NBA expansion franchise in Feb 24, 1970, Harry Glickman announced a public contest to name the team. He remembered there were at least 10,000 entries submitted.The most popular name was not Trail Blazers, but "Pioneers". One of the rules of the contest ruled that name out because team nicknames of any Northwest colleges would not be considered, and Pioneers is the nickname for Portland’s Lewis and Clark College.
- There were 172 entries suggesting the name "Trail Blazers". The contest winner was determined by a drawing. It was Blake Byrne, general sales manager of KPTV, was winner of the drawing, receiving two season tickets to Blazers home games that year.
- Upon its announcement to a crowd of 11,035, the name "Trail Blazers" were responded less than enthusiastically with a spattering of boos.
- The name Trail Blazers, according to Glickman, reflected both the ruggedness of the Pacific Northwest and the start of a major league era in their state.
- Webster defined trailblazers as “One that blazes a trail to guide others: A pathfinder: A pioneer.” The actual name came from a practice by explorers making paths through forests and marking the paths by chopping white “blazes” in trees’ bark so others could follow.
Portland Trail Blazers Color Codes (RGB, CMYK, Hex, Pantone)
The Blazers colors are Red and Black. Use CMYK and Pantone (if applicable) color for printing. For websites, blog, fan page you can use Hex or RGB color codes.
TRAIL BLAZERS BLACK
RGB: (6, 25, 34)
HEX COLOR: #000000
PANTONE: PMS BLACK
TRAIL BLAZERS RED
RGB: (6, 25, 34)
CMYK: (0, 91, 76, 6)