Welcome to our download page, your beloved Sac Kings logo is prepared in large PNG 2000+ pixels and EPS zipped in one file.
Want to know some brief design inspirations and short story behind this logo ? Just scroll down.
Maybe you’ve heard of Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington…
His dunks are casually featured in Slam Magazine and Bleacher Report.
He was on TNT’s hit show The Dunk King.
Here’s a picture of him accepting the first-place trophy at the Nike World Dunk Contest alongside LeBron and Anthony Davis.
Even though he may be considered the world’s top dunker, he wasn’t always flying around the world just to showcase his dunks…
Long story short, after using and mastering the 3 simple steps in VERT SHOCK, he has taken his dunks to a whole new level.
Sacramento Kings Logo Design Ideas and Inspirations
- Looking at the above three Sacramento Kings logos, the new 2016 logo closely resembles the team's classic logo used back when the franchise moved from Kansas City to Sacramento in 1985.
- (A) The five points at the top of the crown represents the five starting players.
- (B) Sacramento Kings Purple as their primary color was obligatory and applied to the crown and 'KINGS' woodmarks. Since, through a focus group conducted during the rebranding project, "purple" and "pride" was the first thing the participants thought of when "Sacramento Kings" was mentioned. Purple also the color of royalty across many kinds of cultures.
- (C) The Kings Gray, which was slightly darker medium grey blended with some cyan, was chosen to give a modern, bold and strong look. The strong grey was also inspired by elements, such as granite and stone from nearby mountains that used to built the franchise's arena.
- The original logo was reimagined to reflect the civic and franchise pride that has lasted and grown for a generation. The new logo was designed with a clean, modern look – a reshaped crown, refined basketball and new typeface that puts Sacramento front and center.
- The new Sacramento Kings logo font (shown above) was specially customised and not made available for public. The typeface was very intentional with its sharp, cunning, sleek precision, but yet also represent the bold power of these athletes in this game.
- Below was the tweet from official Sacramento Kings twitter account announcing their new logo in April 2016:
Sacramento Kings Logo History and Trivia
- The Kings logo history can be traced back to Rochester Royal, which has won the only NBA championship in the franchise's history.
- At 1957, the team then moved to a larger city, Cincinnati. Hence renamed to Cincinnati Royals.
- The classic "Crown and Basketball" was designed by Robert Grove in 1972, the final year the Royals played in Cincinnati before the moved to Kansas City. Grove was paid two season tickets for his logo design. You can read more Grove interview regarding the Kings classic logo here.
- Interestingly, Robert Grove also designed the original Uno game deck of cards and package for the Merle Robbins in Reading. That was before Uno becoming Mattel's property in 1992.
- The classic logo remained used until 1993 with slight modifications in the text and city name only when the team moved to Kansas City and Sacramento.
- Back to 2016, the brand refresh was the result of collaboration between the Kings and RARE Design, with the design process led by Rodney Richardson. RARE Design also involved in rebranding projects with New Orleans Pelicans, Charlotte Hornets, Atlanta Hawks and Minnesota Timberwolves. You can read the article from Sacramento Kings blog detailing in-depth look inside the creation and development of the their new logo family here.
- We've also covered a bit of Richardson's work and his interview regarding the design process of Minnesota Timberwolves logo, which you can read here.
Sacramento Kings Color Codes (RGB, CMYK, Hex, Pantone)
The Sacramento Kings colors are Purple, Black and Gray. Use CMYK and Pantone (if applicable) color for printing. For websites, blog, fan page you can use Hex or RGB color codes.
RGB: (91, 43, 130)
CMYK: (81, 100, 12, 2)
HEX COLOR: #5A2D81
PANTONE: PMS 268
RGB: (6, 25, 34)
HEX COLOR: #000000
PANTONE: PMS BLACK
RGB: (99, 113, 122)