Welcome to our download page, your beloved Toronto Raptors logo is prepared in large PNG 2000+ pixels and EPS zipped in one file.
Want to know some brief design inspirations and short story behind this logo? Just scroll down.
Toronto Raptors Logo Design Ideas and Inspirations
- Bold and confident are the main message of the refreshed logo. Clearly, the message was conveyed by using black shield paired with a basketball ripped with a raptor claws. Furthermore, the white and sporty bold font stating Toronto Raptors were used to increase boldness in the logo.
- Apparently, the designer used rough edges stroke around the claw mark to tie in with aggressiveness and fierceness of a Raptor.
- The team described this logo "a circular shield with a ball torn by the unmistakable attack of a Raptor".
- On the choices of colors, The Raptors picked black color shield and silver clawed basketball. With the addition of white color woodmark and red circular line, together they all represent the franchise official (and) uniforms colors.
- Their woodmark was designed with Toronto placed on top and Raptors at the bottom encircling the claw shield. A typical pattern found on many logo designs based on circle shape.
- Toronto Raptors font in the logo appears to be a special custom typeface. But unfortunately, the font is not available publicly. A quick search with Google showed that Adidas Half Block 2016 and NBA Toronto Raptors 2015 were the closest candidates.
Toronto Raptors Logo Trivia
- The logo was designed by Sid Lee, a Canadian creative services firm based in Montreal, Canada. Earlier, the agency also developed the Raptors "We The North" campaign.
- At first, the franchise considered using the name Toronto Huskies. However, with husky, they couldn't come out with a logo that bear no resemblance to the Minnesota Timberwolves logo. Therefore, they held a nation wide contest to name the team in 1993.
- And, from more than 2,000 contest entries, they were narrowed down to Beavers, Bobcats, Dragons, Grizzlies, Hogs, Raptors, Scorpions, T-Rex, Tarantulas, and Terriers. Eventually, Toronto Raptors name came out as the winner. The choice clearly influenced by the popularity of Jurassic Park film in 1993.
- This logo is the third version and have been used since 2015/206 season up to the present.
Toronto Raptors Color Codes (RGB, CMYK, Hex, Pantone)
The Raptors colors are Red, Black, Silver and Gold. Use CMYK and Pantone (if applicable) color for printing. For websites, blog, fan page you can use Hex or RGB color codes.
HEX COLOR: #CE1141
PANTONE: PMS 200
HEX COLOR: #000000
PANTONE: PMS BLACK
HEX COLOR: #A1A1A4
PANTONE: COOL GRAY 8