Welcome to our download page, your beloved Washington Wizards new logo is prepared in large PNG 2000+ pixels and EPS zipped in one file.
Want to know some brief design inspirations and short story behind this logo ? Just scroll down.
Finally Dunk Like a Total Badass
Introducing VERT SHOCK
The ONLY Proven 3-Step Jump Training Program That Adds AT LEAST 9 – 15+ Inches To Your Vertical Jump…
In Less Than 8 Weeks.
Guaranteed To Take YOU From Below The Rim To Throwing Down Your Own Nasty Dunks in LESS THAN 8 Weeks
Regardless of your age… Height… Athleticism… Genetics…
Washington Wizards Logo Design Ideas and Inspirations
- The "Monument Ball", which was introduced as an alternate logo in 2011, is now replacing their iconic Wizard and Partial Moon logo.
- The image of Washington Monument is displayed in the middle of the basketball.
- The three stars represent D.C., Maryland and Virginia.
- The red, white and blue color palette gives nod to the team's home in the nation's capital and their proud past. The red white blue stripping also featured on their jerseys.
- Interested in the Wizards color palette? We had prepared a section for the team's color codes. Just scroll below.
Washington Wizards Logo History and Trivia
- The Wizards logo history can be traced back to 1961, when the team was established with the name Chicago Packers. The "Packers" name was deemed unpopular since it was the same nickname used by NFL's Green Bay Packers, the rival of Chicago Bears. Hence the franchise name was later changed to Chicago Zephyrs the next season.
- Later in 1963, the team was moved to Baltimore, Maryland and renamed Baltimore Bullets. The Bullets had some two distinct logos before moved to Washington in 1973.
- After moving to Washington, at first the team was renamed to Capital Bullets, and later renamed to Washington Bullets the following season. Their logo just changed slightly with "Capital" and "Washington" marks respectively to reflect the team's name.
- A more dramatic changes was applied to Washington Bullets logo in 1998 with their "Washington" mark removed.
- The Bullets owner, Abe Pollin, announced to change the team's name in November 1995. The bullets name made Pollin uncomfortable since it had acquired violent overtone and high homocide and crime rate in early 1990s in Washington.
- A contest was held to choose a new name. The finalists were the Dragons, Express, Stallions, Sea Dogs and Wizards. On May 15, 1987, the team's name officially became Washington Wizards.
- The new name generated some controversy because "Wizard" is a rank in the Ku Klux Klan, and Washington has a large African American population.
- Subsequently, the franchise also introduced their classic Wizard and Partial Moon logo, which they continue using it until 2015, with only small modifications in colors and shapes.
Washington Wizards Color Codes (RGB, CMYK, Hex, Pantone)
The Wizards colors are Navy, Red and Silver. Use CMYK and Pantone (if applicable) color for printing. For websites, blog, fan page you can use Hex or RGB color codes.
RGB: (0, 43, 92)
HEX COLOR: #002B5C
PANTONE: PMS 289
RGB: (227, 24, 55)
HEX COLOR: #E31837
PANTONE: PMS 186
RGB: (196, 206, 212)
HEX COLOR: #C4CED4
PANTONE: PMS 877